Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Credit To My Heritage

I have to question all the derogatory comments and inflammatory jokes in regards to the French Military.  Yes we've heard the one about the French Armies flag.  It's solid white.  But now in the last couple weeks they have swept through West Africa and deposed the mass of attacking Islamic extremist fighters along the way.
How long have we been in Iraq and Afghanistan?
10 years or so?
I mean no offence to our soldiers but given our lack of completion over there....
AND...
in all the arguments over the gun control issue I heard one stance taken by some official that they were against the Establishment of a data base that identifies persons with psychological issues fearing that in so doing they would stigmatize them.
??????
Look, I realize that there are a wide range of issues that would compel someone to seek professional help but when it comes to possession of a gun? Why shouldn't we as a society require if not DEMAND that when someone has issues if they decide the answer to their problems is purchasing a gun and a crate of ammo they at least have to go through a vetting process!  I mean seriously?! we're worrying about their feelings getting hurt?!  Color me unsympathetic but I think some folks priorities are a mite askew!
It's simple.  I'm not saying make a persons medical history public, just make it so that if a person requests a permit to purchase make it mandatory that the investigators and they alone have access to their medical and psych profile.  Don't even have to specify what their issue is.  Just that if they ever sought psychological help....NO GUN!  Then of course if they want to  contest the verdict that's when the specifics of their therapy will be released with their consent!
Problem solved!
All right, I've ranted enough and are late for work!
Se ya thee!

1 comment: