Search This Blog

Friday, September 13, 2013

Thank YOU Mr. Abrams! I think we got her!

Much to my surprise, and lack of knowledge TODAY was an off day from school.  Wasn't until Elijah showed up at the shop, full entourage of elementary kiddos in tow, looking to pull a Friday on Thursday that I became aware that they all had the day off!  Unprepared and blissfully swamped with work I couldn't bring myself willingly to cope with the whole "he won't leave me alone's" and "Daddy?  What can I do to helps?"  (whilst standing directly in the path of the grinding wheel) so I ushered them home with the promise of a special night, movie night.  Not a hard pitch, as Angela has been chomping at the bit to pick up a copy of the freshly released "Star Trek: Into Darkness"!
Not since Twilight have I seen her so enthusiastic about a second viewing of any film!  Much to my sheer, unbridled delight as all throughout our relationship I have yearned to fully immerse her in the worlds of the Federation.  Yes, if your new to this blog, or haven't been paying attention I am a full fledged Trekkie (with out the foam rubber Spock ears) and have wanted to share my love for the franchises with her.  Much to her credit, she has humored me for many, many hours of absorption in that Universe (although I have NEVER been successful at getting her to sit through an episode of the original series) and she did get enthralled with Deep Space Nine for awhile.  But it wasn't until 2009 with the release of the revamped original characters did she become a fan!  Even more so with the second installment featuring Benedict Cumberbatch as KAHHHHHHN!!!  Even the kids, who have always groaned and wandered out of the room anytime I put on any of the six previous incarnations, sat transfixed to the TV with only a modicum of interruptions.  Even, so engaged, gasping at the "death" of Kirk. Seeing the film again was definitely a thrill (and I caught some subtle in-humor that I missed while seeing it in the theatre, most notably the ship they used to go down to Kronos was in fact that of Harry Mudd!) but it was made that much more enjoyable at the sheer excitement and joy in my wife's eyes as she watched it, as well as the swell of tears when appropriate.  Yes, I finally have seen her become, at least in part,  a Trekker!
SO!
As predicted (and as usual) the arrival, at least in part, of the promise of cooler weather has stirred some Floridians into preparations for the riding season.  With that brings the inevitable awareness of so many garage bound, and back yard stored "old" rides!  We are beginning to get more and more goodies in, just in the nick of time!  Got several sweet picks yesterday and am working like the dickens to get 'em prepped for you!  Obviously the "Full Re-furb's" are in FULL swing!  Have three to show you from yesterday and today are working on TWO older Schwinn cruiser (made in Hungary?") and a well rode (and race winning) Raleigh Team U.S.A road bike!  As well as a couple more BMX's (but I've got plenty of those out right now) Check out the newbies below and for now I best hop back to it!
See ya soon! 

JAMIS HYBRID!!
ONLY $165.00!!


SUBROSA LETUM BMX!
ONLY $110.00!!

SWEETY 20" GIRLS
ONLY $40.00!!!

LIKE NEW! SCHWINN SIDEWINDER!!
ONLY $115.00!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment