Search This Blog

Friday, September 27, 2013

Fall Madness!

I am definitely in a love/hate relationship with this time of year!
Perhaps it is a hereditary remnant of a genetic imperative within my ancestry of nomadic Indians, but every year at this time I feel the overpowering urge to climb out of my own skin!  As my wife so wisely observed, perhaps the native Blackfoot felt compelled to move to warmer climates at the first hint of Autumn, and as such I feel compelled to wander.  Wanting to shed the confines of my daily norms and leave behind the concerns, and obligations in pursuit of more personal enrichment.  It may be the longing for a dissipation of the constant precipitation, who knows!  For as long as I can remember it has been this way.  My Father as well suffers from this same malady (fortunate for him, his retirement has been to a truck and trailer, and has fully embraced his nomadic roots!) and perhaps his before him.  Angela, bless her heart, all to familiar with this affliction, foresaw it's emergence when I got my first whiff of fall air a couple weeks back, and has been bracing herself in anticipation.  Last night she just put her hand on mine and gently whispered,  "just go, we'll handle everything until you get back".  Now how can you NOT love a woman like that!?  It's tough enough wrangling all these kids on a day to day basis, but to try and handle the shop as well?  I just can't bring myself to inflict all that upon her.  So, content to just TRY and wriggle myself from the norm a wee bit, I focused my energies yesterday on concentrating on work, and went from cleaning and organizing, to repairs (thank everyone yesterday SO MUCH for giving me stuff to keep me busy!)   and building up some trades we brought in!  Once home, instead of the normal veg on the couch, watch a film, and go to bed, we just talked, listened to music and hung with the kids (Kaleb did a racy, impromptu "Dub-Step" to rival the "Go-Go Boys" in most all-male dance clubs!  HILARIOUS!!).   This morning though, did not help calm my demeanor, however, as when I left to take the kids to school I opened the door and was met with a tantalizing cold breath of sweet fresh autumn air, almost compelling me to grab a pull over! 
Oh....these next few weeks, as I acclimate, are going to be VERY hard, indeed!
ANYWAY!
Check out the goodies we have below, and there are more to come, as I busy myself to try and forget what more could be out there!
*sigh*

MEN'S 26" MTB W/NICE COMPONENT, NW TIRES!
ONLY $95.00!!

"LIKE NEW" LADIES 24" MTB!!
ONLY $80.00!!

GORGEOUS CONDITION, 18 SPEED, 26" LADIES MTB!
ONLY $80.00!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment