Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

It Would Be SO Cool If MY Eyes Glowed In The Dark!

It aint' necessarily a bad thing to NOT have anything to write about!  Firmly knocking on wood I have no calamitous story to pitch, as all fervor around the homestead is at a lull.  The shop was blissfully busy yesterday motivating me into action!  Once the flurry of repairs were concluded the activity spurred me on to complete some projects accumulated from that day and before.  Put out three new rides and have a forth almost complete.
Would like to thank all the folks for coming in yesterday, as predicted the more clement of weather has prevailed and folks are dusting off their rides (quiet literally!  Got in a cruiser yesterday for a tune up that had been stored in the garage next to a leaky dryer vent!  looked like the rare "Wooly Kaluna"!) and getting ready for the riding season!  YAY AUTUMN!!!!  Now maybe I can start paying bills again!! (wait....am I happy about paying bills!?!?)  Also found homes for two of our rides yesterday.  The Hampton Cruiser went home with a gent looking to get back into riding so we welcome him into the fold with open arms!  Also, did a last minute sale just before closing on the awesome Trek 850 gem that sat here for way longer then is the norm for a bike like that!  Have no fear though, we have MANY choice pretties for you to view!
Only interesting tidbit I have to mention is on the upcoming movie news and that's in regards to Vin Diesels newest installment in the "Riddick" storyline.  A series I have been a fan of since it's inception.  First off, the newest flick "Rule the Dark"  or just Riddick opening this Friday has been panned and dismissed by the majority of critics so in, other words,  it should be GREAT!  Lets face it, I haven't trusted a critics words since the majority of them said "The Crying Game" was one of the best movies ever!  I watched that flick ONCE, and it has forever been the litmus test I hold for why NOT to watch edgy Independent films!  And no, it's not for any assumed Homophobic reasons, the movie just SUCKED! 
ANYWAY!
I am a fan of Vin Diesel. 
There.
I said it. 
Say what you will, but I have a great deal of respect for the man, when watching the DVD extras of the filming of "the Pacifier"  you see a real genuinely gentle appreciation he had for his younger costars.  That kind of affection is a rare gift.
Critics have no appreciation for eye candy, or action or Sci-Fi.  If it's not tragic human suffering, or prolonged dialogue they seem to give it a pass.  Well I for one, when I shell out my $12. EXPECT to be WOWED!!  I want tragedy, I'll watch C-SPAN!
Also, don't these people ever do their homework?  Each one has referred to this film as the "third" installment of the Riddick saga.  It's not.  It's the FOURTH Riddick movie!
Here, in order is the ENTIRE story arc.
Pitch Black (2000)
The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury (animated) (2004)
The Chronicles of Riddick (2004)
Riddick (2013)
Once again the critics at large express their disdain for the animated feature.  Dark Fury invokes continuity, bridging the gap between the first and third movie with some vital elements of the story, as well as character development for Toomb's and Jack blossoming into her killer instincts. Not to mention some FANTASTIC stylistic animation by Peter Chung (think MTV's AEon Flux).  Much like how some dismissed the Matrix: Animatrix, or Star Trek: The Animated Series.
So it will be with great disregard to the critics that I will shell out my cash, wait for the lights to dim and enjoy the "cheesy Matte paintings", and "stereotypical" hero poses and bad guy banter!
And remember...
"You keep what you kill"

24" GIRLS MTB!!
ONLY $70.00!!

DUAL SHOCK 26" MTB
ONLY $65.00!!

26" DUAL SHOCK MTB!!
ONLY $85.00!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment