Search This Blog

Friday, May 4, 2012

Thor and Loki Are Not The Only Gods In Avengers!!

OH NO!  the whole project is helmed by the sheer genius of the godlike Fanboy of Fandom, Joss Whedon! 
Mind you, I'm just back from the intense emotional experience of this truly phenomenal film going catharsis so I am formulating my impressions into cohesive form as I type, forgive me if it sounds convoluted.
It fills my heart with a tremendous amount of joy and no small sense of vindication for my many years of feeling obligated to repress my fanboy tendencies, keeping my love for the art form hidden from the "Norms" of society.  For now the norms sit shoulder to shoulder with me, packed tightly into the lush confines of the newly opened and supremely comfortable Cobb Theatre in Clearwater, reveling in the sheer excitement of this treasured secret they have long denied themselves!
To say Avengers is amazing is a slight.  The word does not even represent 1/1000th of it's impact!!
On many points.  To be able to create an ensemble cast of not only big name stars but big name heroes that do not jostle for prime exposer but rather coalesce before your eyes into a fully functioning "team" not only in word but in spirit is truly masterful. And the blessed moments of premium Whedonism (for those not up on the vernacular a Whedonism is a specific thoughtful sense of sarcastic wit imparted by Joss) a prime outlet being that of  the narcissistic Tony Stark (AKA. Robert Downey Jr.) The inclusion of the tried and true tradition of the Heroes fighting when they first meet prior to realizing they are fighting on the same side was a welcome (albeit expected) treat!  All inclusive with hilarity of Marvel-ish banter! 
It has been 30 plus year that I have been waiting for Comicdom to produce a truly "Comic Book" movie and in the last decade most from Blade to Dark Knight have come so very very close (until tonight The Dark Knight lead the pack) but it took a true Fanboy director with a keen talent and a love for the medium to do it right, and in every way from first panel to last (and PLEASE stay tuned after the credits for the traditional Marvel Sequel Set-up for the ultimate SHOCK! And if your like all the rest of the moviegoers I had to educate tonight on "Who Was That?" google "The Infinity Gauntlet" and check out the stats on the lead baddie... and that'll give you the breadth and scope of Avengers 2 (due out in '14-'15)) he delivered.  This was dripping with so many classic stances, panel angles, action sequences, nuances, one liners, in jokes, character quirks and chemistry that I will have to watch again and again to truly absorb but it will be SO worth it!  I could gush and rave, coo and squeal about just how far the bar has been raised this opening weekend but suffice to say if this film is not the top grossing film of all time by the end of opening weekend...I will sit through a back to back Twilight marathon with my lovely wife!
So please, help me out and see it twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment