Search This Blog

Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Rant Of Biblical Proportion!

Ever since the presidential election of 2004 I walked away from my addiction for news and current events in complete disgust.  Completely jaded by the entire election process, the American conscience and anything judicial, procedural or political I wove a cocoon of indifference around me and bade our country to endure it's self imposed demise.  Needless to say I was vaguely aware that in 2008 our country elected it's first African-American president.  Whether it be him or any other candidate I did not envy him the wake of destruction he would face having to clean up.  So it is with the caveat, that I know very little of his attempts and endeavors save only for the fact that things went from bad to worse.  Not unexpectedly so, mind you.
No it's not his political tenure I am here to discuss but a recent statement he said in reference to gay marriage.  lets make one thing perfectly clear from the outset.  I support gay marriage 110%..  I, my wife and my children have long since felt that homosexuality is not something for us to except, or deal with, or tolerate.  It is not a "lifestyle" or a "choice" nor is it something to overcome or be dealt with or "cured" it just is. You may as well ask me to "deal' with heterosexuality or try and "cure" genetics!
If we except the existence of God, and credit him for all creation, it stands to reason through all venues of rational thought that he too created homosexuality.  They were born as they are, it's not a learned behavior.
SO it is with a certain sense of outrage (one born from a loathing of political and judicial interference into the lives of us "common" folk in regards to sexuality, reproductive rights and parenting to name a few) that I question his intentions regarding this proclamation.  Is it any wonder why he makes this pronouncement a scant few months before an election? What kind of amendment, or law will he endeavor to pass in TRUE support of his alleged support?  Or is this merely just more political manipulation to garnish more support for his campaign? Yes some may argue that standing on that side of the line in such a heated topic may be detrimental, but then I think some fail to see the strength of that side.  Both politically AND financially.
I tire of our elected officials who take a side not because they believe in it but because it's the side that will win them the most votes. Strength of convictions is not born of convenience but of integrity.
Actions Mr. President.
Not words.

3 comments:

  1. It's seen as a state-level issue, so he really didn't have to say anything at all as president, but yeah, this being an election year, he knew he was going to get pestered to death over the thing until he did. So he did. Now maybe we can move on. (Of course we won't, but it would be nice to.) It seems that every presidential election is more idiotic than the last. This one should be hilarious. And yet I'm not laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's done a LOT! The following is a compilation of many of the actions taken by the Administration on LGBT issues:

    http://www.hrc.org/resources/entry/obama-administration-policy-and-legislative-advancements-on-behalf-of-lgbt

    ReplyDelete
  3. religion and politics. My father always told me those were to topics you should never discuss. For the record, I cast no aspersions on our current commander n' chief, as I stated I haven't been paying attention.

    ReplyDelete