Search This Blog

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Step In The Right Direction.

Well.
Looked at our first potential new home today. YAY!  This one has Elijah frothing at the mouth as he has been pleading with us to find a 4 bedroom.  He's under the impression that he and Kaleb, the eldest need their own "space".  I continue to rebuff this, claiming that the fourth bedroom will become my private study.
I LOVE messing with him!  Luckily it's not to far from the shop, I can make the ride in about 5 minutes, but it does limit a very pregnant momma from making the walk to the shop for surprise inspections.  A consequence she is none to happy with.  It helped that our prospective new landlord knows about RE-Cycle and has "heard good things about us".
Nice.
Well once again yesterday was a hum dinger of a busy day!  Sold the Kink to a very determined gentleman who upon finding it on Craigslist called from his job in Saint Pete, three times, to ensure it was still here.  A very happy camper.  And repairs?  WAHOO!  Sah-lammin'!
So needless to say, ONCE AGAIN no newbies!  BUT!  I have one re-pair left in my rack, and then it will be a full day of builds!  Have even more goodies I picked up yesterday (and thanks to Ted for the donation!) and i am bound and determined to get some out!  I'm getting real depressed looking at the one 24' MTB I have sitting here!
And briefly, a new feature!
WHY DISCOURTEOUS DRIVERS SUCK!
OR
WHY WE DON'T LIKE CARBON FIBER!

Had a visit from one of our regulars today (and please don't chastise me for not remembering his name) Unfortunately he was in a bit of a crack up with some joker, oblivious to the fact that some people DO ride bikes on the road, as is the LAW!  Cut him off at an intersection where he took a header into the curb.  I can't help but think had he been riding a bike with a steel, or even aluminum fork the impact with the curb may not have caused so much damage (pic below).  Seeing the construction of these things....makes me wonder why this thing doesn't happen more often.  Well all ends well as he was not badly hurt, and the insurance is going to afford him a new bike!  And as an added bonus he gave us his old one!  SWEET!  Although it will be getting an ALUMINUM fork!  Luckily no frame damage!
Allrighty-roo!  I best get on to work!
See ya soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment