Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

heh.....ah, heh!

Funny how much things change the more they stay the same!  I realize this is an overdone cliche' but whilst checking the Yahoo news this morning I stumbled over a parody video.  Now which song it parody's, well I have no idea.  At 44 I am completely ignorant, blissfully so of all new music trends.  Safe and secure in my bevy of Pandora Music collections representing rather obscure and vintage recordings.  Anyway.
Any one at or over the age of thirty will view this video and feel both the twinge of empathy and the hysterical realization that OMG!  That is (or was) me!  That's about all the set up I need to give to this.  Watch it and see yourself realizing that todays 30 somethings are feeling the same angst of maturity that we forty somethings felt a decade ago (and I'm sure our parents felt the same thing).
Our technology may advance by leaps and bounds, but the social order remains stagnant.
Oh and by the by, as a little "I predicted this 30 years ago and everyone scoffed at me"?  When I worked in the comic industry back in the 80's I predicted that Action Comics #1 (first appearance of the big blue boyscout "Superman") would be the first million dollar comic.  WELL last year one sold at auction for 1 million flat.  HOWEVER, this year Nicholas Cage's almost flawless copy (at one point stolen and recently recovered in a foreclosed storage facility in California) sold at auction for 2.1 Million!!!!
Sad part?  The original creators of Superman Joe Shuster and Jerry Siegel sold the rights for their creation to Detective Comics (now DC) for $412.00 back in 1938. 

No comments:

Post a Comment