Search This Blog

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Slowly I Turned...Step by Step, Inch by Inch...

Yes the event is rapidly approaching!  Angi is due on May 15, but considering her substantial tummy size I think it could be sooner!  And as always as we sit at night relaxing, we find ourselves reminiscing of pregnancies and birth of bygone days.  Obviously as the mother each blessed minute is ingrained in her head.  Me?  Well, I can vividly remember the first Marvel comic I bought (Fantastic Four 241, from Jerry's Market) but my memories of the birth of my children? 
Spotty.
Hey, in  my defence they were all born at night, and I am not a night person!  She considers herself lucky that I was awake.
I do have one vivid memory, however in the onset of Owen's birth.
Funny Story.
During the gap between Kaleb and Logan (four years) my wife matured some.  Through reading and research she decided that she wanted to have a home birth.  So when Logan was coming into the world we hired a Midwife, and did the whole shebang in my leather La-Z-Boy recliner (for all you thinking of it or something a tad bit more malicious...Think Leather!  Blood cleans up REAL easy!)
And as it turned out, the birth was her easiest yet!  So as we became aware of Owens impending entrance home birth was the obvious choice.
Flash Forward.
Awoken on Thanksgiving morn 2003, I was less then prepared.  We had forgotten a few of the necessary items needed, and in a (slight) panic I quickly dressed and took off to the local Wal-Mart (hey!  It was the only store in Katy, Texas open 24 hours) One problem though, the clothes I grabbed off the floor and quickly threw on, were work clothes from the day before, where I had been staining a book case, with a deep red stain.
Rushing into the store at roughly 3 am, I hurriedly ran through looking for a shower curtain, some plastic tarp and ALOT of towels.  Familiar with the home improvement isle, I quickly found painters plastic but could not find the towels.  Perplexed, I found a young lady stocking, and in a rush, slightly panicked voice asked her where I could find towels capable of absorbing a LOT of blood.
In response to this inquiry, all the blood apparently left her face!
Luckily, I was not arrested.
ANYWAY!
When I say I was SWAMPED with re-pairs today, I do NOT lie!  The proceeding panoramic pictures proudly pronounce!

THESE ALL CAME IN WITHIN THE LAST 24 HOURS!!!
THANKS TO ALL THE GREAT FOLK KEEPING US HOPPING!
And thanks to everyone else coming in with all the great things to say, and for whipping out our stock!  Yep the last batch lasted less then 24 hours,but managed to get one real gem out, and have more to build tomorrow! 
So keep checking in!
DIAMONDBACK DELLA CRUZ
ONLY $95.00!!

No comments:

Post a Comment