Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesday disguised as Monday.

Suffice it to say that as I take Mondays of today marks the beginning of a new week. And a glorious one to boot!  Awoke to help Angela git the kids ready for school (by that, I mean I sat drinking coffee in a desperate attempt to wake up, as I was on baby duty last night after Izy got her shots yesterday. Fun.) and was met by a somewhat crisp cool air on the lanai, with just a hint of Autumn breeze (we can hope) heralding in the joys of cooler weather, and more eager bikers (hopefully) rousing from their summer slumber!
Ray was busy yesterday, after a quiet weekend we are once again almost out of stock.  So after I put the finishing touches on the CCM (pics tonight...I hope!) its back to rebuilding stock.  I have so many to choose from after last weeks buying binge its time to purge. Lord knows I can't wait to put away my climbing shoes necessary to scale the mountain of bikes we have packed in the back!  So keep an eye on Craigslist for "What dreams may come"
On to something totally unrelated to bikes (as if much in these pages IS re-lated) In some earlier posts I have hinted towards something I had in the works that has nothing to do with our little cottage industry here, but has personal meaning to me nonetheless.  I and my wife created this business out of necessity, and that necessity quickly became a passion.  And as it grew we had something we knew could last.  There is no  shelf life for helping folks, and providing decent product and service (yes at times I'm sure that statement in regards to what we do can be questionable) and as my children grow I have hopes they will step in and want to keep it going.  As some of you may have noticed my son Kaleb shows great promise.  Eventually I will reach the point where I can not continue to do this full time but I have high hopes that our efforts will continue, unabated into a new generation.  But, I am not the type to re-tire and sit in an easy chair watching Oprah.  For the last several years there has been a germ of an idea kicking 'round the dusty reaches of my brain, that re-cently has surfaced as a viable "next step" in my personal evolution. And after much searching I have come upon a partner to help me let it see light.  I'm talking about a comic strip.  One based on a subject near and dear to me..my family.  I know very little about this young artist but after seeing his portfolio KNEW he was the one to bring life to my whimsy.  He has been kind enough to provide rough character sketches of some of the members of my expansive family unit, and I would like to share them with you, asking if you would to please render me an opinion.
I look forward to hearing your input.

No comments:

Post a Comment