Search This Blog

Thursday, August 26, 2010

I Love A Good Challange.

I admire the hootzpa of those willing to brave the elements to achieve what they require!  And under the vicious storm front blowing through here the last couple of days and torrential downpours we've had to wade through (I have an inflatable rubber raft under the chair at my desk, no kiddin' just in case I get bored and want to go white water rafting in the parkin lot.. hey, could happen)  we've been just as busy as ever.  Sold the Fila MTB ( ANOTHER CONVERT OF THE COMMUTE!)  traded a young man up to a 20", 18" he had was knockin' his knees!  A young lady traveled 2 hours (by BUS!) to purchase the Miami Sun 3-wheeler (tip o' the hat to Terry once again for delivery help!) Finally got the parts in we've been waiting (!!!!) for an pumped out all but one of the re-builds we've been trippin' over! Bought a REAL nice Diamondback old school hard tail, hopefully be done today. Also brought in 3 higher end BMX'ers Redline, Haro, GT.  but NOT at a high end price, soooooooo they get to go out CHEAP!  Those should be done in a day or two. That was the cool thing though, bough the bikes from a young family with a teenage boy and younger son.  The teenager knew his stuff, clearly him in his dad we're partners in Passion for all things peddlin'.  Apparently they have quite a collection.  As we talked the mom noticed the little Trek Trikester we had out, and was shocked when she found out it was only $35.00 (though not quite as shocked then when she found out the thing was $259.00 new!!!) but as we talked she revealed that her younger child was disabled, I couldn't really tell, but she wants to outfit the trike with a special seat and harness so they can help exercise his legs.  No folks I know we all love are kids, but that kinda thing really does pluck at the 'ol heartstrings!  I really don't know if I could have that kind of tenderness, and patience.  These are people we should all aspire to become!  Well anyway, so theres my new challenge.  I look forward to helping these wonderful people out.  And yesterday was the beginning of our (Angelas and mine) new schedule.  She comes in at 6 to work 'till close and I get to go home and do the drill Sargent git-'em-fed-cleaned-and-in-bed bit (guess who's idea this was)  But it's cool, the older boys are workin' at the shop so I get to spend "quiet" time with the babies.  'Sides I read the bedtime stories better anyways!
Well 'till later!

No comments:

Post a Comment