Search This Blog

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Portrait of Dorian Grey

But apparently my curse works in re-verse, as my photos stay timeless I seem to be showing the  ravages of age. NOT fair.
Just caught my reflection in  the two way mirror as I was contemplating tonight's composition...made me shudder!  I swear I can just make out the logo "Samsonite" under my eyes! (obscure joke, sorry)
But, my weary worn exterior is welcome as it is a manifestation of a good week (and lack of sleep, too much coffee, hungry newborn, and some annoying toy that kept making kissy sounds and saying "I love you" intermittently from somewhere in our bedroom that took three days to find!) and many satisfied customers.  A little side note too all the folks who have shown such an interest in our little operation:  When you call our phone number you will more then likely get an actual real person, not an answering machine, or voice mail.  And to the gentleman who called me at 5.47 am this morning to find out when we opened, or the other 4 folks whom called at (respectively) 6.12 am, 7.00 am. 8.21am and 11.53 pm last night...Why are you all staying up so late and getting up so early? its Sunday!  Sleep in, enjoy a nice breakfast, have some coffee BEFORE planning your day.  No, I'm not angry I'm a mixture of surprised and flattered (I was up anyway, Miss Izy likes her breakfast at 5.30 am SHARP!) that you all PLAN on coming to see us almost makes me feel like an ATTRACTION.  But no I'm not wearing a silly cartoon character costume and waving at folks, FAR to busy, but I'm more 'n happy to shake your hand (if you don't mind grease) and chawin' the fat 'fer awhile.
Oh and to all you folks who may have entered the store at a moment when we we're "discussing" issues or "helping" each other re-member this is "family" run store, yelling is how we say "I love you!" If you're from up North or know someone who is, you'll understand.
Well we have been busy Little bee's (no, not the kind of "B" I call Ray under my breath) but the buzzing worker Bee's.  Have put out alot of new stock this past week and bought alot more have actually turned the stock over 3 times this week and just trying to keep up.  Have several beauties dotting the landscape and SO many more to build.  Almost done with the CCM (picture to Right) and OHHHH does she look SWEET!  Can't wait. And evidently considering the amount of phone calls re-guarding neither can the customer. Well I have to go and put the finishing touches on a real nice Old school Diamondback MTB before the boss'll let me git outta heah!

No comments:

Post a Comment