Search This Blog

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday, Busy Sunday!

What an odd sensation.  A mixture of exhilaration, excitement and exhaustion all in one.  So this is punch drunk.  Well LOTS went on today!  where to start, first everything we put together last night is gone, 3 Roadmasters, a Vertical, Pacific, and a Huffy MTB.  3 gone in the first hour of opening! and 2 at the end.  A reverend bought the Vertical then came back 1/2 hour later with a follower who bought a Roadmaster.  And he blessed us all and the shop (does that make this place holy ground?)  The Schwinn "Sgt Slaughter" went to the perfect candidate, this monster of a bike went to a gentleman 6'4" who LOVED it.  Thought it was the perfect bike, and oh yes "HE"S A CONVERT!" another wise and wonderful follower of the "leave the car at home" crowd that we have been so happy to see growing by leaps and bounds.  Yes he will now (and we hope forever more) be riding the seven miles to work as opposed to driving it!
We thank you all for your blessed patronage.
And ALSO, I got a little overly excited today and think I made one customer (at first) a little nervous because he was the "I-know-I-want-a-bike-but-don't-know-what-kind-I-want" type. I LOVE newbies!!! And OH did I put on my best interior designer , lets have fun with it persona when I realized he liked retro! whoAHHHH!  I've been sittin on an old CCM frame that I've been DYING to sink my teeth into (love the chaingaurd) and he asked me what color I thought it should be.  hoho! Then it struck me, go prestigious with a touch of POP!  Soooo charcoal gray metallic flake, with cherry wood accents, and on the chaingaurd Cherry stained wood veneer!  OH this baby's gonna be SWEEEET! I've included a photo to the right of the frame as is now, and when I finish you'll see the results!
Well tomorrow is my day of rest, but I'll talk to ya'll Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment