Search This Blog

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Yea....I Know...SUNDAY?!

Much to my own reluctance but holding true to my dedication I opted to come in today and get some stuff done.  My hats off to Angi for even contemplating me coming in on our one day off, much less allowing it!  BUT, as next week starts tomorrow I find myself in the unenviable position of having to deal with even MORE of my 15 year old bull.....stuff.  Monday I have to take him to visit his second home, the Clearwater Court then on Tuesday I have to get him enrolled in a secondary school as if not passing the grade weren't enough he didn't make it through summer school either.  And yes, he is still breathing.  I think, perhaps like battle weary soldiers the constant bombardment and conflict numbs one to the point of complete apathy, where you merely go through the motions and wait, praying you make it through to the end of your tour! 
ANYWAY!
Elijah will be filling in for me while I am enjoying the patronage of Pinellas Counties Public Transportation, not to mention the joys of the judicial system so I figured best I get our "house" in order around here so it's merely a "latch key" operation.  We'll be here to five, so feel free to come on down and say "hey!"
MOVIE RE-VIEW!  (no...STILL not "Pacific Rim".....nor "Wolverine" for tat matter....LORD I am SO far behind!") At Elijah's insistence we checked out "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" Quite frankly I was going to give it a pass, as I had heard bad things about it and thought it may be akin to the testosterone fueled Hugh Jackman flick "Van Helsing" (although the one line in that movie "In the name of Allah!  What is WRONG with you!? was HILARIOUS!) where they take a fine literary character, pump him up with steroids and unleash him for the mass "Monster" market.  But I was wrong, this one was just pure fun!  Granted, at points it is quite gory, and the female lead of Gretel played by Emma Arterton was a wee bit TOO much on the "Bad Ass Bad Girl" side, right down to stereotypical stance and posture, but you get over it.  What tipped me was Jeremy Renner ( AKA Hawkeye from Avengers and Arron Cross from "The Bourne Legacy") He's just one of those actors with a dry wit and good "good guy" appeal.  So I caved and gave it a watch .  Granted, there are the inevitable historic inaccuracies you have to get over, like them possessing a Gatling Gun?  This critter wasn't invented until 1860, but the movie has a much earlier historic feel to it.  The original story was written in 1812 this film takes place 30 years later...do the math, takes place in 1842. And it doesn't appear Europe got them until the 1880's.  That's assuming the movie takes place in Germany as no one in the movie spoke anything but colloquial English with no hint of an accent. 
But I'm nitpicking.
It was just FUN!  Check it out But DON'T let the kiddo's watch!
All right, I am off to get some work going.  Working on a couple vintage ladies bikes, two classic three speeds, and then....????

No comments:

Post a Comment