Search This Blog

Thursday, July 18, 2013

God Speed!

We here would like to send out our most sincere best wishes to Mestre Acordeon on his 70th birthday and the fulfillment of his own birthday wish.  He is planning an epic Bicycle adventure from San Francisco to Brazil.  Allotting 400 days for the Trek he will take along some students to help film a documentary of the trip.  This is no race but instead he will stop along the way to explore and to take time to engage in his profession as a Capoeira teacher ( a Brazilian Martial arts).  Undergoing a 14,000 mile trek I personally would like to extend my most heart felt ENVY!  After reading the article I began to realize just how much of a whiner I am.  Constantly complaining about how OLD I feel!  SHEESH!!  This man is SEVENTY and I get winded riding 2 miles to work!  Perhaps this will plant the seeds of inspiration and drive me to undergo the journey I have always wanted to take!  To ride the entire length of old Route 66 from end to end.  Perhaps a pipe dream now (no way my lovely wife would allow me to disappear for months on end) but something to plan (and train) for later!
Would also like to take the time to thank good fortune and providence for being t the right place and the right time this morning as Rozy and I were returning from the corner store this morning and happened to overhear  conversation between one of the ladies that works at the bar and Pat from the computer store as she was inquiring as to whether or not he had use for any VHS tapes.  Of course one as techno-hip as Pat has NO need for such outdated technology I quickly chimed in as to how much she wanted for them.  Her response was merely that I could HAVE them!  So we got the added treat of seven cases of videos this morn!!  Of course with the collection we have at the house (one room dedicated to nothing but) only about two cases represented stuff we didn't have (although some were welcomed seconds just in case the others wear out) and this person had some great tastes!  WOW!  Naked Gun, Airplane, Dumb and Dumber!  Not to mention a plethora of classic war and western films (not quite my taste though) Even got a copy of some of the Red/Green Show!!  SAH-WEET!! We kept out those we wanted and are offering up the others at only $2.00  a pop!  So at least I got some new material to watch! 
ALRIGHT!
On to the goodies!  Put out a NiiiiiCE! full rebuild Giant Cypress hybrid.  This is a further take from the "W.T.N.A.L.O.W." pile!  Frame we've had sitting around for some time and finally got around to build!  AND got a good ways into building that Rat Rod out of the old JC Higgins ride!  Unfortunately was not able to make the Springer front end work on it but it's still gonna be "rad" when we are done.  From there?  Enh. Got some bangers that in the end will require more work then is traditional for a banger but we gotta keep stock up, and until we get our secret decoder ring from the cereal box we call "Florida Department Of Revenue" we are coming up on a deficit of new goodies!  No fear, though.  Still have ALLOT to pull from!  Much to the chagrin of my wife and partner (and boss) I guess my policy of "buy everything" paid off! 
Well with that I'd best get my hinny to work! 
See ya soon! 

17" GIANT CYPRESS HYBRID!!
ONLY $150.00!!

3 comments:

  1. Being in the sun-belt, have you considered building bikes from bamboo? They wouldn't be recycled/used. Just a thought... http://www.bamboobikestudio.useful-arts.com/kits/

    A little pricey to start-out... but if you can wrench a $ from trade-ins, how difficult could it be to cut and paste?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion but OUCH! Your right! PRICEY?! WOOF! In this market I'd never sell a one! Not after you take into account full assembly all components and then trying to make a buck on it, it'd be a $2000.00Bike when all is said and done.
    BUT...
    That being said....
    They do offer up instruction and diagrams and if I can figure where to get the bamboo, and everything necessary it's not like I don't have a plethora of spare parts around....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steven- If you want to go for a ride, go for a ride. Take a week off and pedal over to Cocoa and back. Three days out, one day there, three days back, Bob's yer uncle. Fifty mile days on a decent touring bike are not that hard, and the mountains between here and there are reasonable. If I can help in any way, you know I'm here for ya. You really have earned a true vacation, and a tour would do you good. Go ride your bike!

    Hi-ho!

    Uncle Chippie

    ReplyDelete