Search This Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Why Is It Still Summer?

Yes, I know, it has been a coons age! What can I say?  It's that time of year when very little happens around here.  So, obviously, not much to write about! 
BUT, yesterday I did manage to get some actual building done!  WA-HOO!! 
And Golly Bob Howdy, I wish I had done a before and after pic on this CLASSIC Gary Fisher we got in!  WOOF!
Picked it up last week from our scrap guy and she was ROUGH!  Rusted out, dry rot, and filthy like it had sat behind someone house for a decade!  BUT, it was an American made Gary Fisher, so I gave it my all.  After a full tear down, went after the frame with some acetone and ALL the marks and filth came off revealing a gorgeous dark metallic green paint. With hope rejuvenated, went after the sweet "Higher End" components, and lo and behold they cleaned up just as well! With the addition of new cables, housing, tires and tubes she was ready!  And MAN!  WHAT A RIDE!!!  In my ten years doing this there have only been four rides I REALLY wanted to claim for myself (and I DID snag two) but this one is definitely number five!  Smooth, quick, comfy...Boy oh BOY!  Once back from a LONG test ride, I just held it in my hand and stared at it appreciatively.  BUT, I aint in this for myself, Soooooo, she's up for grabs! 
Also, put out a real nice classic ladies cruiser.  The day before, also managed to get out a lightweight alloy dual shock MTB (that found a new home the next day)  and a sweet boys 20" BMX.  Today, I am hitting the pile and trying to get out at least a couple more...after I do all my updating of course!
SOOOOO, without further preamble, remember...we are here today until three pm and STILL have a good selection to pick through!  Check them out in the "What's Still Here" column as YES I did update it!
See ya soon!

CLASSIC GARY FISHER COMMUTER!
ONLY $245.00!!!

CLASSIC LADIES CRUISER!
ONLY $80.00!!

BOYS 20" BMX!!!
ONLY $45.00!!

3 comments:

  1. Man, that Fisher is a real beauty! Someone's going to get a fine ride there, if they're quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By and large the right approach that we get the chance to have a thought through Used Bicycles is a significant thing which is entirely not too bad and similarly the result it should work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a useful post and I think it's fairly easy to see in the other reviews, so this post is well kids bicycle singapore written and useful. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete