Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Old Girls New Life

As is the way of nature, all things have their time.  And so too is true for bikes.  As we always say every bike will find it's owner.  And the classic Schwinn Starlet is no exception.  Yes after adorning our show room with her graceful lines  a gent referred to us by Bullet from "Hands on" came in today to get cruisers for his daughters and was taken aback by her beauty.  A quick text photo to his wife and she was in love.  So at the end of the trip he walked away with her and two other cruisers.  Thank you so much sir for granting her a new life with someone who can truly appreciate her opulence.
Well today also finally saw a welcome break in the stock rut we had!  And by rut, I DO NOT mean having TO MUCH stock, but no where near enough!  Yes I spent the last day and a half after cleaning the shop twice on the Internet finding out all sorts of useless information!  Example you may ask? Well for one, do you know that in 3500 years of recorded human history we have only enjoyed a total of 356 years without war? That in ancient time peasants had dirt floors and only the rich had slate floors.  But due to mud and rain making the stone slippery they would throw loose thresh down on the floor to absorb the water near the entry ways.  But as it to would become slippery whenever they opened the door the thresh would slide out the open door, so they attached a thin piece of wood in the doors opening, hence the term "threshold".  And even more disturbing is the practice of a bris in Jewish culture.  After the offending piece of flesh is removed from the babies thingy the moil(sp?) fills his mouth with wine and puts it around...yea, you guessed it, to sterilize it.
Now I'm not one to mock another cultures religious practices but HUNH?!
I thought there were laws about these things!
ANYWAY!
So as I was saying, finally got some fresh goodies in today!   YAY!  Put together a REAL sweet Raleigh hybrid.  Nice big boy frame decked out with new slick tread tires, a REAL comfortable NEW Cloud 9 seat, and this pup is FULLY refurbed!  Also put out a NEW Hyper BMX with the 22/9 drive, orbital brakes etc! And when I mean new I mean only a month old!  Also picked up a soon to be sweet Nishiki commuter and a real nice looking ladies Schwinn MTB! As well as a vintage men's Raleigh three speed that needs WAY MUCH work, but I wouldn't see her go to the scrap heap!
Now onto something completely different!  Contrary to popular fear our wondrously hysterical comic strip "...Warts and all" is not dead.  As this year has been a busy one  for our artist AfroMonkey as he has WAY to many pans in the fire not much has gotten done but as I was bored yesterday and found myself on Facebook of all places complaining on how bored I was he chimed in and announced that he too was in a lull coming into the Holidays and if interested i could shoot him a few scripts!  SO as I am sure he is now regretting that statement, sent him many a script I did!  I have five notebooks full! My children are an never ending source of hilarity (tongue planted firmly in cheek!) So hopefully in short order I will be having some new material to premier here!  And as I have no fear (or humility) to shameless self promotion, for those of you not familiar with our award winning comic strip here's a small sample!  Hold on to your sides firmly!




Yes, really They're all just as funny!!!  Check 'em out at "wartscomics.blogspot.com"
So without further ado!  I'll wish y'all a wonderful evening and best get myself ta bed!  Talk ta ya all tomorrow!
And her's the new rides!
BIG BOY RALEIGH HYBRID
ONLY $150.00!!

NEW HYPER CO BMX
ONLY $75.00!!

No comments:

Post a Comment